Services ADD/ADHD Treatment
Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, commonly referred to as ADD or ADHD, occurs in about 5% of children and 2.5% of adults (American Psychiatric Association, 2013). Symptoms of inattention, hyperactivity, and/or impulsivity result in struggles in many performance areas especially work and school.
Can you identify with these possible signs of ADD/ADHD?
- Easily Distracted
- Doesn’t Seem to Listen
- Poorly Organized
- Doesn’t Finish Work
- Restless & Overactive
- Acts without Thinking
- Easily Frustrated
- Short Attention
- Learning Disability
- Problems with Peers
ADD/ADHD Treatment at Perspectives of Troy Counseling Centers
We understand the challenges that come with ADD/ADHD, both for children and adults. Our therapists are experts in their areas of practice as proven by their education and experience which is documented through a thorough application process within the clinic. With a staff of compassionate and knowledgeable treatment specialists at Perspectives of Troy Counseling Centers, we are able to provide expert services tailored to the varying needs and varying degrees of ADHD symptoms and impairments.
Treatment options available include:
- Individual & Family Counseling – Counseling and family counseling to assist in the education of you or your child about ADD/ADHD. You can learn effective techniques for improved study habits, anger management, organizational skills, and ways of getting along with others, as well as many other tools and strategies to manage ADD/ADHD symptoms and impairments.
- Group Therapy – Therapy in the group setting. It has been shown that overall treatment outcomes improve when group therapy is utilized in unison with individual therapy. Group therapy treatment for ADD/ADHD includes The Self-Control Group for Children and Adolescents, The Anger Management Group for Adult Males, and The Social Skills Group for Children and Adolescents.
- Workshops & Seminars – One-day programs designed to teach tools and skills for ADD/ADHD management. Additionally, these programs provide an opportunity for discussion and practice. Programs include Parenting the Out of Control Child and Stress Busters
- Child, Adolescent, & Adult Psychiatry – Utilized in addition to individual counseling to address medication needs associated with ADD/ADHD treatment.
- Psychological/Intelligence Assessments – Comprehensive testing that helps identify specific impairments and learning disabilities associated with ADD/ADHD as well as to identify strengths that assist in guiding the treatment process.
Contact Perspectives Of Troy Counseling Centers at (248) 244-8644 to get matched with the counselor who best suits your individual needs.