For more than 30 years, Perspectives’ Christian Counseling Centers have been providing quality therapy from a Christian worldview to families all around the Metro Detroit area. In our agency, Christian psychologists, counselors, social workers, and psychiatrists work together to provide all of our clients with empirically-supported mental health care with the goal of improving their overall functioning and quality of life. Over the years, we have found that it is this interdisciplinary network that not only enhances our client care but also our individual professional development.
In the spirit of collaboration and teamwork, we have created the Christian Therapists’ Network (CTN) to unite therapists’ identifying as Christian around the Metro Detroit area for the purpose of:
- Providing referrals to other Christian therapists in the surrounding area.
- Sharing therapeutic resources to benefit clients and local churches.
- Offering professional development training.
- Encouraging and praying for each other and the clients we serve.
The Bible says “As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another” (Prov. 27:17). Through this Network, let us embrace this principle and professionally support one another as we all serve to be a beacon of light to a dark world.
We invite you to browse the information below to learn more about upcoming events and available resources. You can also join our Linked-In Group (Perspectives’ Christian Therapists’ Network) where you can interact with other Christian therapists in the area. Also, don’t forget to sign up to receive our quarterly e-newsletter!
Books for Professionals:
- The Christian Therapist’s Notebook by Henry, Figueroa, Miller
- The Quick Reference Guide to Biblical Counseling by Clinton, Hawkins
- The Popular Encyclopedia of Christian Counseling by Clinton, Hawkins
- Cognitive Therapy: Techniques in Christian Counseling by McMinn
- Evidence-Based Practices for Christian Counseling and Psychotherapy by Worthington, Johnson, Hook, and Alen
- Christian Counseling Ethics by Sanders
- Therapeutic Expedition: Equipping the Christian Counselor for the Journey by John C. Thomas and Lisa Sosin
- Counseling and Psychotherapy by Tan
- Don’t Sing Songs to a Heavy Heart by Haugk
Books for Adult Clients:
- Jesus Calling by Sarah Young
- The Soul of Shame by Kurt Thompson
- How to Forgive When You Don’t Feel Like It by June Hunt
Books for Working with Couples:
- His Needs, Her Needs by Willard Harley, Jr.
- Lovebusters by Willard Harley, Jr.
- Torn Asunder Workbook by Dave Carder
- A Cry for Justice by Crippen and Wood
CTN Inaugural Brown Bag Luncheon
- Meet-and-greet with fellow Christian therapists from the Refresh agencies of Perspectives, Heron Ridge, and Oakland Psychological Services.
- In-Service Presentation at Perspectives